Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan

I can't take credit for this one, but I'll do everything I can to help. I found this via Gail Werner, and I felt compelled to repost.

I talk a lot about myself and my life here in this little space, but there are so many bigger things going on in the world, and something like the magnitude of the Japanese disaster affects us all. When I think about people who have lost everything, and sometimes not just the material everythings in their life, but also the people everythings too - family members or dearest of friends - I can't help but put myself in their shoes and have sincere empathy for their heartbroken feelings. It becomes my heartbreak, too.

And yet, I am so far away and I wonder what I can do. Until I found this.


If you have the time to visit forjapanwithlove and the means to donate, all proceeds will go to shelterbox, which is an organization that provides a kit in a box that contains all the things needed for a temporary shelter for a family who lost their home.

But most importantly, please keep the Japanese in your thoughts and prayers as they rebuild their homes and their lives. They need all of our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment