Thursday, March 17, 2011

"You have to experiment....

...by taking pictures of your cat." - Becker
Ha! I knew I was on the right track. And this guy might just be my hero. No, for real. He's pretty awesome and the inspiration for a ton of the best wedding and portrait photographers out there today. But he also just validated the enormous number of pictures I take of my cat. For practice, of course.

Anyway, that quote was taken from his Photographer's Ignite video. A whole bunch of awesome photogs each gave a 5 minute presentation at WPPI...kind of like TED for Photographers, but in half the time. His point is that you don't get better at taking pictures by just going to an event every weekend; obviously, you have to practice in between.

So, if you're interested in checking any or all of them out for inspiration and to get their perspective on what it is to be a professional photographer today, you can check it out here.

And in the spirit of practicing by taking pictures of your cat, I give you this:


RAWR.

2 comments:

  1. Annnnna I am so proud of you for pursuing photography like we always talked about! I'm getting a big girl camera for my graduation! We'll have to collaborate. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, keep me posted! i would LOVE to collaborate with you...thanks for being a wonderful friend and for always pursuing your dreams; you have been more inspiration than you know. love.

    ReplyDelete