Friday, May 31, 2013

Second Shooter // 05

I'm just going to put it out there that there are wayyyy too many photos in this post.

But I can't cut any of them, because I really, really love them. I'm supposed to be a better editor than that. Oops.

These two might have been my favorite couple of the year so far. When I'm second shooting, I'm sort of an accessory. I'm there, almost unseen, unknown. And that's the way it should be.

While I love interacting with the bride and groom and their family and friends, as the second photographer, I have minutes to get to know these amazing couples - not months - so I'm more reserved than I am with my own clients (who I love to pieces, by the way) and usually retreat back to my quiet ways to let the main photographer be the focus of the attention. But this couple was different. They were so sweet. The bride was over the moon to be marrying her best friend. They giggled. They snuggled - without being asked to. They had so much excitement for their lives to come, for their marriage not just the wedding. Their day was perfect.

It was cheerful. That's why I loved this day oh so much. And I love Dani for finding these awesome people and letting me be a small part of something that means so much.











Twirling skirts are totally my thing. I think I've found my signature shot.
















Oh the Hora. Haven't done that since I was five, but it has the BEST energy! It really should be a staple at every wedding.






No comments:

Post a Comment