Friday, February 22, 2013

DIY Diary // 01



If you're on the hunt for some DIY inspiration this weekend, either for an event or just for fun, here are a few places to start.

Clockwise from top left:

01 // Design Love Fest: Check out the Make It section for lots of great projects and ideas. Lots of glitter and color and simple projects that can definitely be done in a day. (I like simple DIYs. Problem is, I always think things look easy and then five hours into it, I realize they're not. So take my notion of simple with a grain of salt.)

02 // Green Wedding Shoes: My favorite place for perusing quirky wedding decor has some great large scale projects to decorate for a wedding, or even a special party. Most of the statement pieces you'll find here will take some time...maybe a whole weekend or two.

03 // Ruffled: So this is also technically a wedding blog, but so many of the DIY projects they feature need to make their way into my house...like right now. Lots of colorful, smaller projects that could be made in masses if you so desired.

04 // Oh Happy Day: More party decorating DIYs that can easily be glamified (oooo...I like this word I just made up) for a wedding. Most are on the easier side, but if you're making lots, beware of projects that look deceptively less time-consuming than they actually are.

And even if you don't have a moment to make something, I think you'll enjoy looking through the archives to find something to do when the time is right. Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment