Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sparkles (Round 2)

So if you haven't been to my new website yet, you should check it out. And even if you have been, go check it out again because a few things have changed. Namely, there is now even more glitter! HA.

I think I might have a teensy little obsession. And I only made it worse last week by buying this little vial of magic (I was sold by the WOW-with-an-exclamation-point! on the top...only awesomeness could possibly be inside):


Many moons ago, I pinned this image to one of my pinterest boards...or maybe all of my pinterest boards. I'm REALLY in love with it.  I tried to recreate it once, but it didn't turn out quite the same. So I decided to experiment with my new magic glitter tube to see what I could come up with.

It started with a pile. Sexy, I know.


It took some experimenting to get what I was looking for, but once I switched off the autofocus on my camera and played around with things being out of focus...I got the beauty I was looking for. Hooray!



I don't know...I'm kind of digging the abstractfulness, maybe because it was intentional. I never meant to get something perfect...just see a pile of glitter in a new and exciting way. It took some exploring, but sticking with it got some fun results. And letting go of the controls created beauty in unexpected ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment