Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chelsea + Eric's Wedding!


Happy. It's a word that is so overused. And yet, I can think of no better word to sum up the wedding of Chelsea and Eric.

It was a quote about happiness in their ceremony that actually had me choked up. It was by John Lennon, and it goes like this:

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.

As their officiant read that quote, I knew that Chelsea and Eric had found what they were looking for in life...happiness...together.

The thing about Eric and Chelsea is that they really are truly happy when they're together. They are best friends. Contentment and calmness surround them when they enter each others' presence. Neither wanted anything more than to spend the day together, surrounded by their favorite people in the whole world. They bring out the best in each other and those who are lucky enough to be around them: laughter, joy, and love.

The excitement of the day was palpable as soon as I walked into the apartment where Chelsea was getting ready with her girlfriends...


 






And while the girls were prepping for hours, Eric pulled it together within 15 minutes...






Eric and Chelsea decided to do a first look on their wedding day. It truly was a special moment for them...it seemed to calm them both, having the private time to take each other in, knowing that they were going to face the day next to their best friend.




Truly the weather could not have been more amazing. And...they didn't know it, but they finally broke my cloudy curse! First photo shoot in the sun!!!

The light most certainly did not disappoint...





The Inn at Swan Haven has a gorgeous waterfront view...and is conveniently located right next to a marina filled with majestic sail boats...




...and rustic porches with classic Adirondack chairs to watch the ships come and go.




Eric and Chelsea worked with Connect the Dots who thought of everything...including having the boys arrive to the ceremony by boat! Their guests could see them coming and docking from the fabulous views of the ceremony site on the water.




The ship was complete with a captain, who lead them in and announced their arrival!


And then came the BEAUTIFUL bride...






See what I mean about happy??? These two were ECSTATIC! 


Thrilled to be husband and wife!


The details of their reception were simply stunning. They had a tasty Orange Crush as their signature drink, and served it in adorable mason jars.




 


A group shot...and Ben watch out, I think I might have left my heart with the cutie in the front!




A sweet first dance...


And sweets for dessert. (I'm pretty sure Chelsea's face mirrors my reaction when I saw their adorable HANDMADE heart shaped strawberry shortcakes...soooo tasty, and so them!)



As the sun set over the water on their most wonderful day...


We caught the golden glow of the sun and my favorite photos of the whole day!


Chelsea and Eric...I could not have had more fun at your wedding and am overjoyed for both of you. Thank you for opening your hearts, becoming friends, and allowing me to share in your day. Hope you are laying on a beach, doing nothing that was planned, and thoroughly enjoying your honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment