Monday, November 7, 2011

iPhone Photo Monday: Seeing the world

 
When it comes to being thankful for things, I'm finding that it's hard to be thankful for one thing and then not find several others that are, not necessarily, related.

For instance, I was going through the pictures on my phone. Many of them are from my travels, or moments when I didn't have my "real" camera with me. Which made me thankful for traveling, vacation, and my phone...all three things that I love very much and probably could not live without. And believe me when I say that my phone is something I could not live without...and I never wanted to be the person who said that! But on top of it being my pocket camera, it also keeps my far away family and friends close at hand, finds the closest Starbucks on road trips with my mom, gives directions when I don't know where I'm going, and provides plenty of entertainment. Yes, I am a media fiend. And I'm not afraid of embracing modern conveniences!

And then, too, I think about how I got my phone, and how I am thankful for the person who gave it to me, and how it's fitting, because that person is my other constant companion. But that's a subject for another day entirely.

So here are some highlights from the past few months, captured moments that I am grateful to have experienced.

There, um, might be a few pictures of pets in here. I'm pretty grateful for animals too, but I think I've covered that one extensively.




I don't really get very many pictures of us. So I took the opportunity while we were at Sea World to take one.


The biggest ice cream cone I've ever seen. I gave half of it away...to my dad's coke. It looked like it wanted to be a coke float.



In addition to California, we recently took a brief weekend trip to look for wedding venues. This might be it. Tell me you wouldn't want to get married (near) here too.


And then I went with my sister to get her marriage license. Which means there will definitely be more moments to capture to come.


And that, my friends, is me trying to make sense of a bunch of random pictures. But hey...it was fun to revisit!

Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment