Friday, August 26, 2011

Bring it, Irene.

I managed to live through an earthquake this week. Which means I'm invincible.

Even if this is the apocalypse. Although I don't think it is. But everyone else does. See? This was the flashlight aisle at my local target at 10:30 this morning.




Silly humans. At least they'll be able to see during the apocalypse.

And yet...

I was at Target, for no other reason than to buy foods that would not need to be heated in the event that we loose power thanks to Irene. At least, that was my excuse for buying goldfish, poptarts, jello pudding, two types of (chocolate) trail mix, chocolate granola bars, queso dip, peanut butter, applesauce, and luna bars. All in the name of sustenance, people. I may have also picked up a magazine...



Trust me, that $50 will be listed in my budget as "Natural Disaster Preparedness." And I will look at it with pride.

Oh, and...it probably doesn't help that I've been obsessed with this hurricane since I started following Hurricane Lane on Monday. If you have even the smallest interest in weather, he is fascinating, and way better than the local news. He also happens to be Ben's boss (in some cases), but he actually knows his stuff about weather too. Just go follow him. You'll see.

And maybe, if the power doesn't go out, those pictures from the beach I've been mentioning will appear up here soon!

Stay safe everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment