Thursday, June 6, 2013

Snapshot: May

// What I did //

It feels like May went by so fast, I blinked and it was gone. Aside from crossing run a 5k of my list of goals to complete by my next birthday, we made time to visit with our families, which is always a good thing. I spent a lot of time with this girl during this past month, and loved every minute of it.

// Goals accomplished //

Finally, I pulled some resources together and have officially added off camera flash to my equipment bag for receptions! Woo hoo! It was never an issue of being afraid to learn something new, but rather trying to prioritize equipment purchases, that held me back until now. And while I love the added dimensionality it gives to awesome dancing pictures, I'm still trying to adapt it to my style of shooting. This month, I learned that I really love to add motion to my dance floor photos, and combining that with off-camera flash is a work in progress. For now, I'm mixing my use of off-camera flash with my old ways of shooting, and might do a little posty-post later on just dance floor images, just for fun.

// What I read // 

With all my shows being off for the summer, reading is my new evening pastime (when I can take a break from wediting, that is). I think I made it through three books in May: Where'd You Go Bernadette?, and the latest young adult craze, Divergent and sequel, Insurgent. All three are relatively quick, fun, entertaining reads that would be perfect for days on the beach if you're looking for something to pick up and purely enjoy. 

// What I loved //

This tutorial on making double exposures with a digital camera. I played around with it a little, but am still working on the technique. Definitely planning to use it for some fun things though! 

// What I'm working on //

I wish there were a more interesting answer to this, but weddings, weddings, weddings. And loving every second of it.

// What I watched //

Everybody watched it, and I did too: the inspiring story of Zach Sobiach, the teenage song writer who recently passed away after fighting cancer. Yes there were tears. And then the celebrity tribute version of his song made me smile.

// Who I added //

I mentioned here that I'm trying out a semi-vegan way of life, so I went on the hunt for some yummy vegan things to make, and found The Simple Veganista. Oh my yumminess. It made me excited for trying new things and being creative in the kitchen while still eating really healthy!

// Favorite cat photo of the month // 

I guess we can't have guests over for dinner anymore, now that I've shared this photo. 


1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Here's to May! Can't wait to see how June looks for you in July. :)

    ReplyDelete