Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy New Years! (a few weeks late)

I plugged my iphone into my car speaker and opened the reception playlist. I was looking for a song that my sister wanted us to play at her wedding that I hadn't heard before, but fell in love with as soon as I heard it. So I went to find it, to listen to it again. And again. And again. And again. On repeat.

And I choked back tears. I didn't want to ruin my makeup before I even got to work.

But I needed that cry. I needed to deal with how much I've missed my sister since she moved to Nashville. And that song, it reminded me so much of her. For the fifteen minutes that it played through my car radio, it allowed me to grieve and remember and heal. Because I couldn't move on until I healed.

It's taken me three weeks to recover from the madness that was getting ready for Christmas and a wedding, and then the craziness that was the wedding, and then getting sick, and then editing the pictures from the wedding. There were a few days there that I wasn't sure I could get out of bed...or ever bring myself to think about my own wedding!

So I let myself rest. Sort of. At least as much as I ever let myself rest. There were a couple of days I was allowed to sleep in (past 11:00!), skip the gym, and eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I took a much needed break to recharge the proverbial batteries. But it wasn't just rest...I took time to look around and find inspiration. I read books and blogs and listened to music and podcasts. I fed my soul.

Now I have the energy to embrace this new year and tackle the goals and projects that will make me better and bring new life to my photography. I'm ready to go!

I did finally get around to starting to work on our wedding. And once I started, I found I couldn't stop. I spent almost 24 hours doing nothing except looking at wedding dresses. Ben is already wedding-ed out.

These were my finds...I posted them to Pinterest. I discovered I have a thing for ruffles.



So here's to a new year, filled with so many exciting things, and hopefully some surprises along the way.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

And just one more thing...

a million thanks

...to everyone who shared your love, support, and positive feedback from Amy and Jason's wedding. It meant so, so much to me and there were times over the last few weeks that those kind words kept me going. Wishing everyone a year filled with peace, happiness, hugs and laughter!



No comments:

Post a Comment