Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Engaged: The Ring


She called me at 7:30 am on Friday morning. I'm not much of a morning person. I thought it was my alarm going off and almost hung up on her.

"Um, I just called to tell you that Jason and I are engaged!" she said.

In my awesome, you-woke-me-up-I-really-have-no-idea-what-you-just-said throaty voice, I think I might have moaned a congratulations (but probably after I made her repeat the news four hundred times before my incoherent brain registered what she was saying). I'm pretty sure I conjured some interest in how he proposed too, but all I remember of the story was something about carnations and a ring.

I think that I talked to my sister at least four times that day, once I fully woke up and put on my excitement. But I still didn't get the full story until she arrived home for her last spring break the next day. Jason made her breakfast in bed, then brought it to her room where she was still sleeping. Sneakily, he set her alarm to go off a minute later and she woke up to a yummy breakfast and a question that would change her life.

Amy and Jason met at college. They share a love of God and working out, among lots of other things. During their freshman year, I drove them home for Easter, and their friendship turned into something more that weekend. Ever since, they have been looking forward to the day that they can spend the rest of their lives together. Both will graduate in May and can't wait to experience all of their new beginnings together.



Now, if there's one thing you need to know about Amy, it's that she LOVES a good thrift store. Last summer, knowing that he wanted to ask Amy to marry him, Jason found a ring in the consignment section of the jewelry store. Which happens to be exactly what Amy wanted. A ring that symbolizes her love for Jason...and treasure hunting.





And...I am so excited to be shooting their engagement pictures sometime this summer! It is my gift to my sister, and the best way I know how to say, "Congratulations!"

No comments:

Post a Comment