Friday, July 26, 2013

Inspirations // 02

Joyce Lee's website has been open in a tab on my internet for a good two weeks. That's how much I love these.


I am obsessed with how she uses color and details to create such cheerful faux-realistic scenes with amazing stories. And some of them don't even have humans! I've had this probably-crazy assumption for a long time that the only way to make interesting pictures - the only way to show emotion - is to have people because their expressions and their body language reveal so much. These photos make that notion seem like a cop-out, because there is so much story and emotion and exuberance in them - and she makes it look easy.




Although these definitely inspire me when it comes to an approach for photographing any details, whether they be for a wedding or simply in my own home, they really make me want to pick up my iPhone and instagram something fun, like create a collection around an emotional theme with inanimate objects. That, and go sit by a pool with a fruity drink ;0).
  


Photos all by Joyce Lee. Photos 1 & 4 from the Vibrant Life Collection, 2 & 3 are Still Life

No comments:

Post a Comment