Friday, November 18, 2011

Annapolis in the Fall


I took a lot of pictures of Annapolis in the spring. And summer.

And then I saw the sun setting outside of my window yesterday and it hit me like a load of...well, falling leaves (oh, bad, bad joke), that I had no pictures of my favorite place in the fall. I've been admiring the colors for weeks and didn't have any way to prove how awesome they've been. So I grabbed my camera and ran outside to catch the last of the sunset and the vibrant colors, afraid they wouldn't be around much longer.

I didn't know what I was looking for exactly, but just captured anything within a five minute walk that got my attention. Most of the time it was color. And I have to admit, there were times I was inspired by this guy who is way better at capturing nature in a compelling way than I am.

Get ready to see a lot of leaves...because what else screams fall?







And...I am thankful that I live in a place with four seasons. I probably won't be saying that when I have cabin fever, or my car runs off the side of the road, or I slip and fall on an ungodly small patch of ice, or we lose power again for a week as a result of some huge snowstorm we're supposed to have this coming winter. But the changing climate, temperature, and weather always gives me something to look forward to, and a change of scenery, something to photograph.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment