Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Best Pictures

This one time in college, I decided it would be a great idea to go live in another country for a little while. So I did. I got on a plane and hopped across the pond, the Atlantic Pond.

Ha, that makes it sound so easy.

But really, I spent a semester studying abroad in Perugia, Italy during the spring of my sophomore year. Lots of fun things happened that semseter:
  • I turned 20.
  • I took my very first photography class.
  • Ben and I took our very first vacation alone together.
  • Both of my cameras got stolen on a night train to Venice.
  • My friend, Natalie, and I got to go to Carnivale!
Now I know that all of that was almost four years ago (WHAT??? where has the time gone), but some of the best pictures I've ever taken happened while I was there, so I figured it would be worth sharing here. Maybe it was because I was looking at things with new eyes from all that I learned in that photography class, or maybe all the artisticness that abounds in Italy rubbed off on me while I was there.

So far, of all the pictures I've taken ever, this one is my favorite.



 The main piazza in Perugia is about as picturesque as they come.


So there's this secret keyhole in Rome. My friend Alissa and I went on a mission to find it, and this is the view through that keyhole.


And it wouldn't be a trip to Italy without a ride in a gondola.


The secret behind all of these pictures...they were taken by a trusty little point and shoot. I guess what they say is true: "The best camera is the one you have with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment