Monday, March 28, 2011

iPhone Photo Monday: Morning Ritual

I've been trying to do less talking over here and let the pictures do it for me.

I said trying. I don't think I'm really succeeding yet. But it's nothing out of the ordinary. I always talk to much, and too fast, like I've had five cups of coffee before breakfast, and yet, I don't even drink coffee. You don't want to be around me when I do.

If last weekend was an eight on the fun scale, this weekend was a three. Somewhat relaxing, a little productive (in terms of errands and cleaning) but relatively uninteresting, at least from a things-to-take-pictures-of perspective.

Not that I wasn't trying. I did, but it was just one of those times where the inspiration wasn't inspiring and the pictures just weren't all that I want them to be. But that happens. There will be better days ahead.

I got one picture that was worth sharing. Every morning, we go through the same ritual, Aslan and I. I get up to put in my contact lenses, and he is already under the faucet (really under it - he puts his face in the stream to drink the water, and wonders where it goes when his head gets in the way). If he could figure out how to turn it on, he would probably be swimming in the sink all day, every day. His obsession with water never ceases to make me smile.

So I thought I would capture our little game while I had the chance. Because happy moments are worth remembering, especially the ones that happen first thing in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment