Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Hardest Battle


This morning Ben made fun of me for hanging this quote from a binder clip slung over a sharpie resting on the shelf above my desk. But I needed the reminder right in front of my face, and I had to get resourceful (and for some reason tape...yeah, that didn't even cross my mind, and is, of course, a much simpler solution).

Sometimes being yourself doesn't seem like enough. When it seems like everyone is more successful / more beautiful / more creative, it's hard to think that you are enough, that you on your own are all of those things too. But you are.

Find your strengths. Make a list of them. Then brainstorm how you can use those strengths in your relationships, your business, your brand, your projects. Nobody else has your exact list of strengths and it is that combination that sets you apart. That allows you to do your thing in a way that is different from everyone else.

You are an original. You will be successful/beautiful/creative too, in your own way, and it has the power to inspire others just as they've inspired you.

No comments:

Post a Comment