Monday, May 30, 2011

Pride


Being a singer, let's just say that I have those famous words to the National Anthem mem.or.ized. Plus, that song is the pride and joy of my hometown, since it was the birthplace of F. Scott...Key.

But lately I've found a new pride when I sing it. We really are the land of the free and the home of the brave. All of the recent events in the world remind me to take the time and appreciate that fact that I so often take for granted.

We have so much to be thankful for and we owe it to our friends and family and others who have, will or are serving our country. I personally have a wonderful friend who serves in the Marine Corps, and not only am I so grateful to have her in my life, but she makes me so proud - through her accomplishments and her dedicated and unwavering passion for serving her country.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment