Tuesday, May 10, 2011

iPhone Photo Monday (on Tuesday): The End of an Era

My sister graduated from college this weekend. Be prepared. There may or may not be photos of the event on here for the rest of the week (I'll probably be sick of them by Thursday, so there is hope).

For the record, this was the 9th graduation I've been to in the last 10 years - read that as I'm so over graduation ceremonies. But I still tear up every time I hear Pomp and Circumstance - including on my trips into PetSmart for lion food where there is inevitably a puppy graduation occurring that gets me all choked up.

Needless to say, my iPhone was my entertainment during this ceremony. Here's what I got.

This is my real camera...LOVE.


My mama and me. I knew I'd need a picture to put on Facebook for Mother's Day.


The ceremony site.

Only one other demographic does the hats as often as the British, and that would be the Southern woman.


Because we attended schools that were only 45 minutes apart, my sister and I took a lot of road trips home together during the two years that we spent at schools in the same state. It sort of felt like the end of an era as we got in the car for our last 7 hour road trip home together - one that always includes arguments of when is a good time to stop for a bathroom break, a drink at the Starbucks in Charlottesville, and sing-a-longs to some type of girly music (usually it's Wicked, but this time it was T. Swift and Glee). I made us take a picture so that we remember these moments, because who knows if we'll ever get them back again.


My sister makes me so proud and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment