Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ben

Ben hates having his picture taken. Unfortunately for him, his girlfriend wants to be a photographer. When she wants to practice and the only other subject is their cat, who rarely stays in one position long enough to try out a new technique, she turns to Ben to be her guinea pig. "All you have to do is stand there," she says. "I just want to try something. Nobody will ever see it."

And then it ends up on my blog.


I was determined to try backlighting in harsh, mid-day sunlight. I hear everyone talking about it, and so far every photoshoot with people I've done has been on an overcast day. Takes all of the challenge out of it.

When we sat down on the dock at the edge of the Bay, I noticed that the sun was behind him and I had my opportunity. So I took it. And got this. And I'm almost as in love with it as I am with the boy in it.

Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment